Sunday, September 6, 2009

Agnostic vs. Atheist (Penn Jillette)

I would suggest watching this first to see what YOU think (NSFW-Language and "the Finger"):


My thoughts: first of all, that would be like asking if your spouse told you to kill your kids, would you do it? I would answer that my spouse is never going to ask me to kill my kids. I know that the history of Christianity shows people killing others and saying that God (or the Bible- same thing) told them to do it. I don’t believe it was God, myself, but a basic fault in humanity (our ego) that says “My way is the only way. If you disagree with me, I have to get rid of you”. Still goes on today, in varying degrees. I also don’t define God in the way Christians do. If, in the odd chance, he actually asked me to do it, I would refuse on the grounds that this being is not God . However, this is only my opinion, I won’t come after you , if you don’t come after me. :) I love Penn and Teller.

No comments: