Monday, September 21, 2009

Meditations

Last night I attended my first Buddhist meditation class. It didn’t start off really well for me, because I came in a few minutes late because my directions were not good and it was pouring rain. They didn’t have many parking spaces so I needed to park around the corner on the grass. Then after I arrived, the assistant asked us to turn off our cell phones and (new cell) hit the wrong button and No Doubt started to play (at least at a low volume). The class was very enjoyable and interesting.

I was really impressed by the “Give and Take” meditation. When we first started it, it didn’t seemed to be working for me, but eventually I found myself looking at the world through the other person’s eyes and even learned something about him that I didn’t realize before. It was almost psychic. I feel like I can be more helpful in the future. I will continue to practice that meditation in the future.

When the class ended, I noticed that I had met one of my classmates before. She was the one who told me about Eckhart Tolle, which led me down a new path of spiritual learning. Is this a sign from the Universe that I am doing the right thing?

No comments: