Thursday, July 23, 2009

Half the Picture

I recently read a book recommended by a friend, “Sand in My Eyes” by Christine Lemmon, a local author. It’s about how conversations with an elderly neighbor with a gift for gardening brought Spirituality into a woman’s life. While reading this book, I realized that I have been focusing on being aware of my inner being, my soul. However, there is something that I have been neglecting: My connection to God (or the Source). I used to pray a lot. I thought that being spiritual meant that you prayed constantly, chatting up God, non-stop, about all the nonsense that your ego brings up. I am trying to quiet that voice and realize that it is not my identity. But that is only half the picture. I am going to remember what Dr. Wayne Dwyer said on Twitter: “Shift Your Focus from What's in it for me? to How may I Serve?”

No comments: