Sunday, July 19, 2009

Threats to Happiness

We are responsible for our own happiness.

I certainly understand when someone needs to vent. Sometimes, I even talk it out to myself, when no one is available to listen. The ideal outcome is that you keep talking until you come up with a solution, or at least an understanding of why the situation is so bad. I have been surprised on occasion to have realized that I have contributed to the unhappy event. Sometimes, I just need to talk, I realize that the person I am talking to may not be in a situation to help. Talking just helps me to understand the situation better. However, when it’s the “same old song” going on for hours, it might be better to do something to take your mind off of it. If someone else is in a bad mood and I can’t find out why, I found that the best thing to do is to go off on my own and leave them alone for awhile. I need to find something positive to do in order to offset the negative energy.

No comments: