Saturday, July 18, 2009

Windows of the Soul

Just got back from vacation. I will try to be more consistent with my writing.

In May of 2008, I was looking for a book club to join. There was only one in this town at that time and they were not taking any new members. So I kept looking, not knowing what I really wanted. I found a group that looked interesting, so I attended a meeting. I have an inferiority complex that pops up occasionally so of course the first thing I noticed was how young and beautiful the women were. I disregarded the voice in my head, sat down with a couple of ladies who were merely attractive and tried to smile. Eventually, as I continued to attend the meetings, I got to know the ladies a bit more and realized, first of all that I was judging them. And here I was worrying about them judging me. We have different lives and experiences, yet we are supporting each other. When I talk to them, I don’t see “the outer layer”. I look in their eyes and see their hopes and dreams , I think I can see their souls and that is what I relate to.

No comments: