Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Not that easy, Deepak

Living your dharma is a matter of being what you are first, and then what you need to do follows automatically. Deepra Chopra

Trying to be who I am takes some courage for me, because the childhood fear comes up: will “they” still like me. Of course, that means that they liked me in the first place. On one hand, if I don’t care at all, I could hurt someone’s feelings or appear insensitive or cold. But caring too much could mean giving myself less respect and someone else more. Maybe that’s the key. Treat myself with respect. As long as I do that, I will be true to myself. I know that “my true self” is my higher self. Treat others as I would like to be treated and know that I am doing my best. Not everyone will like me, but that will not matter as long as I do.

No comments: