Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Why I Use Twitter

I’ve been using Twitter for several months now. I am by no means an expert. But I have found it to be useful in a personal way. Everyone knows the basic idea, 140 characters. Well, after you sign up and set your page up, it is recommended that you find some people to follow, I now follow, Deepak Chopra (spiritual teacher and author, one of Time Magazine’s Most Influential People of the 20th Century, and who once Direct Messaged me!), Eckhart Tolle, Tony Robbins, the Dalai Lama, Michael Beckwith, Rabbi Schmuley, Louise Hay, Dr. Wayne Dwyer, Marianne Williamson and other spiritual teachers. I almost forgot about Reverend Run of Run DMC, I like his can-do, go-for-it attitude and his way with words.
For fun, I read Bob Saget: sometimes his humor may be in questionable taste, but his tweets to John Stamos are so funny! I also like Penn and Teller (separate accounts). Kirstie Alley and Christina Applegate are funny and fearless. And last but not least, keeping to my theme of positivity, I follow Dita Von Teese (only on Twitter, of course). I could describe her as a burlesque star, but she is very fashionable, has a very small waistline, and leads a very glamorous life (a lot in common with me :).
I can mark off my favorite tweets and whenever I need a little encouragement, I can always re-read them and get my mo-jo back. My tweets are not very exciting (well, sometimes to me). Generally, during the day, I have a thought that I think might be worthwhile for me to remember. Sometimes I reply to a tweet that is interesting, but mostly it is to help me on my own path.

No comments: